Monday, December 6, 2010

Touch-up

Ever since the other day when Lonnie was doing some touch up work with paint around the house-touch up has stayed on my mind. So, I was in my quiet time and there it still was. Truth be told it was & still is driving me crazy but I have learned awhile ago that sometimes I just have to let it ride itself out and that in God's own sweet time I will get it. So, as I have been thinking about it on & off I decided to look it up online and this is what I found out about it:

Main Entry: touch up
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1703
Results
1. to improve or perfect by small additional strokes or alterations : fix the minor and usually visible defects or damages of -this definition jumped off the page to me!
2. to stimulate by or as if by a flick of a whip
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary copyright © 2010 by Merriam-Webster, incorporated


Hmmmm what do you think? Aren't we all trying to improve ourselves by "fixing" whatever we think or what others think is wrong with us? When really we should turn to God! He is the only one who can truly make us "perfect".

No comments:

Blog Archive