Saturday, January 24, 2009

Colds, Police & landscaping

How is that for an interesting title?
Anywho, I didn't blog yesterday but so want to share this funny thing with you. Well let me just say it is funny to me. I took Chelsea to the happiest place on earth(Wal*Mart! I heart it!) So, on our home I took a different way home in our neighborhood. I passed the police (going opposite direction)no big deal-I saw him pull in to what I thought was his house, we have a lot of law enforcement in the neighborhood but then out of the rear view mirror I see him still driving but this time with no lights on! Hmmmmmmmm! So, I keep driving-I am going between 20-25 miles so well with in the speed limit and he is like 3 car lengths behind me. He followed me all the way home with no lights on! I guess he was bored or something and no major crime here in SA! lol
I am fighting a cold! This crazy weather is not helping at all! Yesterday in the 80's with the windows all open and today-cold and windy. Blech! Just pick something already!!!!
Landscaping-wow who knew so many choices. We had a guy come out to talk to us and stuff. We are going to get the ball rolling in the outside now. We still have a few things left for the inside but now the big stuff is outside. We are going to do it in phases because well it does not come cheap. He is drawing out the first phase and we should have it in a week. I can't wait to see it. I know what we talked about but seeing it on paper will be cool. We also had the concrete guys up out-we are putting in 3 slabs of concert. One for a shed-one near the back porch(it will extend it just a bit for the grill so it will free up the area for patio furniture and the last one will be near the side of the house to keep the garbage cans.
After all that Lonnie & I ran errands. We priced sheds, blinds and other items we want for the house.
Came home & just the two of us for dinner. All the kids were out and about it. We talked about how it would be when they are all gone. :( The house was so quiet.
Anywho, that is my story and I am sticking to it.
Oh one more thing-I have been praying for a word or a theme and well the same thing has come up a couple of times. All I can say right now is OUCH!!!! Not sure what I think about it. I am going to pray more about it!

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

We have to do some major work on our house before we try to sell it. I guess we'd best get motivated. LOL Maybe after the ORI.

All your plans sound great. It will be fun to watch them unfold.

See you tomorrow night.

BTW I like the new seasonal look.

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see it myself! I am a more visual/touchy/feely and so it is hard for me to really get it!

Blog Archive