Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Braces


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I have a LOVE HATE relationship with them right now! Chelsea had to go to the Orthodontist to get her retainer tightened & Jordan thought that one of her wires broke so off we went. Jordan came out first and was good to go-no break just the way it looked. I asked her what was taking Chelsea so long and she says to me: " I think she needs to get her braces put back on." I was like what no way. So, I see Chelsea at the counter where you pay and I hear the lady say some kind of number that I know isn't for today thing. Sure enough we need to put Chelsea's braces back on. She had a really bad over bite and it is slowly working it way back. I am sooooooooooooo sad. I can't even tell you how upset I am over this. She will have had braces put on 3 times. She is going to be a Junior-we have no idea how long treatment will be this time around. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! They did say her teeth were perfectly straight. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like our Ortho. he said in some cases they would have to break the jaw and then fix it but he doesn't think that will be necessary but he really won't know until after he takes the x-ray and stuff. I know it is worth it-I wish my parents would have done this for me-but can I just whine for a second.
This is a lot of money. I mean a lot. Plus now it looks like I will have not 1 not 2 but 3 in braces. Seriously!!! Our dental isn't that great but it is better than none but Chelsea met the allowable amount a long time ago with braces. Luckily, they give a family discount-take payments but at this point I have no idea how high those will be. Plus everything else that we have to pay for. It will/could be a tight time at our house. I did cry earlier over this but I know that we will get through it we always do with a whole lot of prayer and the fact that we always do what we need to do and God does find a way for it all to work out. We do find out on the 15 what kind of treatment the Boy will need-say a little prayer for us.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Anywho, Life is still good! :)


6 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Oh what a bummer. Poor girl I know that is pretty painful and being a junior doesn't help any. Have you asked about the Invisaline? I got those and they are amazing. I don't wear them any more I am on a retainer at night only. I got them when I was 41 and I had a big gap in my front teeth and no more gap and it has aligned my teeth up. Just a thought.
I do love the pink band on the braces picture though. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Terri said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I feel for Chelsea having to deal with that. You too for the worry. I thankfully never had to have them but my brother did and it was painful. His teeth are all pretty now but they really weren't too bad to begin with. I hope they can to the lesser of the two to fix her overbite. I have an overbite too but I guess I never cared so we never did anything about it. I am sorry you all have to deal with dental stuff. Life is still good...Good positive attitude.

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

Thanks Ladies!

Bobbi Jo-we will have to wait and see what the Dr. says. Personally I am not a fan of the Invisaline because you have to take them out when you eat and clean them and have a place to put them plus to be honest I am not sure she would even take care of them. The picture is from one I found on the web. lol

Terri-I needed and still do need braces but until I get all the kids taken care of I will be last. I wish my parents would have done it but I have lived with it this long and it hasn't hurt me one bit.

I have to have a positive attitude or I would never get out of bed. :)

Conny said...

ohhhh, I know that is so frustrating. I had braces for 2 years - and would have screamed if they had said they need to do it again :( I'm so sorry. GOD WILL PROVIDE, however, and in - oh - 10 years, you'll be glad you all did this for your kids :)

Renee said...

Please tell me I'm misreading...... the dentist put on braces without asking you?? Surely I misunderstood

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

No Renee-she doesn't have them on yet! She needs to have them put back on.

Blog Archive