Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thanks(Day 1)






My friend Conny at The Life of an Ordinary Hausfrau


is host 30 Days of Thanks-since I have been lazy w/my blog & I think this is a GREAT idea I am going to participate!

Day 1 for me is real easy...............

I am thankful for being able to sleep in today. For the past month I have been working here:

at our church's Pumpkin Patch. I have loved every minute of it but it is a lot of work! The Youth Director who runs it is AWESOME but I don't know how she does it because I am pooped! lol Oh wait this is about giving thanks! Back to the thanks part.................



I am thankful for the sleep and the patch. This is a HUGE fundraiser for our youth to raise money for ski trip & other activities and so I have been working for my 3+ Big Lonnie to go skiing this year. I am thankful for the opportunity to work to get credit for them to go-less out of pocket for us-I am thankful for the 2,000+ school age kids who brought their $ and able to love on some cute little ones whose smiling faces who loved seeing & being read to all about pumpkins. I am thankful for the Youth who helped unload two pumpkin trucks-to those youth parents who fed us.

And I am most thankful for this crazy group


my family!

1 comment:

Conny said...

what an awesome idea for fundraising. It beats selling candy door-to-door (LOL)! :)

ANd I just LOVE that your family does these things TOGETHER!! That is definitely something to be THANKFUL for!
Thanks for joining me this month.

Blog Archive